Feb 26, 2011

Smallest Aquarium Tank in World | Pictures

Smallest Aquarium Tank in World | Pictures

The setup didn't take too long to be completed, it was even quick, I think about 3 or 4 hours in total. The bulb was opened by the metal part. In this case the metal ended up detaching from the glass bulb, which made my setup job really easy. I opened it by carefully breaking the glass part that goes together with the metal, where it touches the bottom of the socket, thus I made an opening through which I removed the “inner parts” of the bulb and gained access to its interior. I didn't add a fertile layer to the substrate in fear that I wouldn't be able to reach stability due to the small size. I did think about putting some fauna in it (not fish) but I decided against it when I thought about how little space the inhabitant would have, and the tiny surface area. I thought it'd be cruel, but I don't know, maybe a snail would work.

Right now the setup is on a shelf right beside one of my aquariums, from which it receives a bit of indirect lighting. I had some problems with brown algae and cyanobacteria, but more out of laziness than anything else. With the brown algae I even had to dismantle everything and restart it, but now I'm taking better care and everything's OK. I sincerely hope it will last a reasonably long time. The plant has been growing well and started shooting some roots, I just don't know what I'm going to do if it grows more than expected...I'll either have to try and remove it the same way it entered or else do it the more drastic way.

tank 1

tank2

tank 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...